Forum Index

Background Images Look Blurry

Post your technical support questions here.

Background Images Look Blurry

Postby Gollum » Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:59 am

Hi

Everytime I try to use an image I found on Google as a background image on a standard dvd cover, it gets all blurry/and stretched. How can I get more images (other then the ones in the program) to fit and look good? I tried googling different sizes but it didn't work. Please help me find more backgrounds or tell me what to google to get pictures that work.
Gollum

Re: Time sensitive problem with background images

Postby Admin » Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:51 am

Hi,

The problem you describe has to do with the dimensions (or resolution) of the image (width x height in pixels).

If you take an image that is 75x75 pixels, and stretch it over an area that is 1000x1000 pixels it will look blurry. To prevent images from looking blurry, it always best to start with a large size image and shrink it down.

To solve the problem, you need to add high resolution images to AudioLabel. The front cover of a DVD case is about 13cmX18cm, and most printers have a print resolution of about 118 dots/cm. So with some quick math, your DVD cover would need a minimum image size of about 1534 x 2124 pixels. Most digital cameras can produce images this size.

If you are getting images from Google Images, you can use the "Search Tools" to look for "Large" images. You can also mouse over the image to see its size in pixels.

However, there is one very important trick to get the images into AudioLabel correctly. When you first search Google Images, a small low resolution preview image is shown. If you copy and paste the preview image, you get the same blurry effect. To get the full size image you need to click the preview image, and then click the "View Image" option. Once you are viewing the image at full size, you can copy and paste into AudioLabel. So you can copy and paste any image from the internet, but you have to be viewing the image at the largest size possible.

Here's a link to some free background images that you can use with AudioLabel. These background images are high resolution and come in different sizes.

http://www.vladstudio.com/wallpapers

Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Admin

Re: Background Images Look Blurry

Postby Gollum » Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:58 am

Thank you for the reply, I was always using 1920x1200 and it didn't work. Then almost every picture was dimension 284x177 even if I googled bigger pictures and I was getting really frustrated. Isn't it enough to click once on the pictures on google (so the black background appears)?

p.s. Not many pictures are on google with the size 1534x2124, so I just clicked on larger than 2mp (1600x1200) and found an image that was 5134x3456. That's ok right? I can use larger than 1534x2124?

Please reply again
Gollum

Postby Admin » Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:39 am

Hi,

The bigger image size the better (the 1534x2124 is really just the minimum size to prevent any stretching/blurring on a DVD front cover).

You can always shrink an image without problems (it's just stretching that's the problem).

I double checked, and it's OK to copy and paste the second preview Google image (with the black background) into AudioLabel. The "View Image" option in Google is not necessary. Although, in general anytime you copy and paste an image from the internet, you want to view it at its largest size.
Admin

Postby Gollum » Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:18 pm

Thank you so much for your help Nicole :D
Gollum

Postby Gollum » Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:11 pm

I'm really struggling to find good backgrounds where there's still room to put in additional photos of people fx christening/baptism backgrounds. Do you know any place where I can find those kinds of backgrounds?
Gollum

Postby Admin » Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:35 pm

Hi,

If you are looking for free backgrounds, Google Images is usually your best bet. It's also possible to find backgrounds on the internet by searching for "wallpaper" or "background". For example, you could search for "christening wallpaper" or "baptism wallpaper".

If you are willing to pay for images you can always search www.gettyimages.com
Admin

Postby Gollum » Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:07 am

Isn't there any feature in the program where I can edit the pictures fx this one: remove the text or use just a part of the image, a corner or half? (cut the picture if there's a small part which would be perfect)

[Link Removed]

This image fx would be great if I could remove the text
Gollum

Postby Admin » Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:41 pm

Hi,

It's possible to use some image editing software to crop/cut part of the picture, but it would be very difficult to remove the text. AudioLabel does not have any feature that could do this.

You could search www.download.com to find some free image editing software to crop/cut the image.
Admin

Postby Gollum » Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:05 pm

I think it would be great if the next update should feature that possibility

>>>>>>>>>>>>>> SEE PAGE 2 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Gollum

© 2024 CdCoverSoft