Forum Index

SATA CD drives not reading CD-Text

Post your technical support questions here.

SATA CD drives not reading CD-Text

Postby MWitmer » Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:22 pm

I have been using AudioLabel for several years. Beginning of 2014 I upgraded to windows 7 and AudioLabel continued to work. I now upgraded to a motherboard with only SATA ports so I needed to replace my IDE CD drives with SATA. Now I can not read CD text. I have tested this on 2 computers and find the problem to follow the SATA drives. I have a computer at work that has both IDE and SATA drives. CD text is read in the IDE drive but not in the SATA drive. I am using version 4.2 I downloaded version 6 as a test but no change.
Any ideas ?
MWitmer

Re: SATA Cd drives not reading CD Text

Postby Admin » Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:11 pm

Hi,

It's possible the problem is related to the model of the CD drive, and not the SATA interface.

Do you know the exact part number/model of SATA drives that are not reading CD-TEXT?
Admin

Postby MWitmer » Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:50 am

Drive is ASUS DRW-24B1ST
MWitmer

Postby Admin » Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:29 am

Hi,

I double checked the specs on the ASUS DRW-24B1ST drive, and is does support CD-TEXT.

I'm wondering if this issue is due to AudioLabel or the computer system.

Do you know of another program that can read CD-TEXT using your new motherboard and the ASUS SATA drive?
Admin

Postby MWitmer » Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:52 am

I also have Roxio which normally reads CD Text and it also cannot read the ASUS SATA drive.
I connected my old IDE drive via a IDE to USB interface and I can read the CD text.
I also did a test on the computer that now contains my old motherboard and IDE Cd drive CD text can be read, but when I connect the ASUS SATA drive it still does not read CD Text. I would say CD drive or SATA is at fault but don't know why.
MWitmer

Postby Admin » Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:13 am

Hi,

I researched this more, and think the problem has to do with the actual on-board SATA controller, or the SATA controller driver.

Do you know the model of the SATA controller, and the controller driver version?
Admin

Re: SATA CD drives not reading CD-Text

Postby MWitmer » Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:32 pm

SATA Controller - AMD Driver AMD 1.2.1.349

As I have gotten nowhere with the ASUS drive I purchased a Sony 5280S-CB-Plus drive.

This drive plugged into the same cable reads CD-Text.

I even checked ASUS for firmware updates and I have the latest.
ASUS can not explain why it will not read CD_Text.
MWitmer

Re: SATA CD drives not reading CD-Text

Postby Admin » Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:42 am

Hi,

It sounds like the ASUS DRW-24B1ST cannot read CD-TEXT, or is not compatible with the AMD controller. I think the only people who would know how to fix this would be the ASUS techical support team. If they can't help, then hopefully you can still return the CD drive.

Thanks for posting back to the forum.
Admin

© 2024 CdCoverSoft