Windows Compatible Compatible with:
Windows 11, Windows 10,
Windows 8.1, Windows 8,
Windows 7
Download AudioLabel Trial Version
Version: 7.0 Build 7
File Size: 10.6 MB

Direct Disc Printing with Canon Printers | Software

Do you have other questions about AudioLabel? Post them here!

Direct Disc Printing with Canon Printers | Software

Postby 33LHmusic67 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:06 am

I just learned that Cannon printers that supposedly support direct CD printing do not in fact support CD direct printing because Cannon disables this feature on printers sold in the USA. Is this true? If so, why do companies that sell Cannon products not tell you the feature is disabled? This obviously causes me not to buy Cannon. Please verify and confirm. Thanks.
33LHmusic67

Re: Cannon Printers

Postby Admin » Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:46 pm

Wow this is an interesting topic! After some investigation here, we've found that some Canon printers sold in the USA do disable direct CD printing. In terms of why they do this, from what I've read, they do it due to patent issues with Epson. If anyone in our 'Forum Community' wants to chime in, we would appreciate your input.

If the printer is sold in the USA, I would think that the seller would state whether or not the printer has the capability to print directly to the CD, DVD, and Blu-ray.

After a little research on the Canon USA website they list the following models of printers that support printing directly to CD, DVD, and Blu-ray:

PIXMA iP7220
PIXMA iP4920
PIXMA MG8220
PIXMA MG6220
PIXMA MG5320
PIXMA MG5420
PIXMA MG5422

There may be even more that allow this function.

Hope that helps!
Admin

Postby 33LHmusic67 » Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:25 am

Thanks, Nicole. When I was at Best Buy and Office Max last week the three ink jet printers I was looking at were PMIXMA MG5420, PMIX MG 6340 and PMIXMA MX 922. I was told all three had direct CD printing capability and no mention was made that Cannon disabled this feature on these printers. So, I would not like to invest in one of the three models only to find out that the direct CD printing capability was disabled. How do I find out for sure? I'll try the Cannon web site. Thanks again.
33LHmusic67

Postby 33LHmusic67 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:55 pm

After many attempts to contact Cannon regarding printers that are sold in the USA that have direct CD printing capability, I finally got a response from Cannon. It is my opinion that the Cannon site is not very user friendly, but I finally got the information I needed. Cannon's response is as follows: “Thank you for contacting Canon product support. We're happy to provide you with information regarding Canon products. We offer several printers that are capable of printing on DVD/CDs when utilizing our Easy-PhotoPrint EX software included with the printer; the models with this function are as follows: PIXMA iP7220; PIXMA iP4920; PIXMA MG8220; PIXMA MG6220; PIXMA MG5320; PIXMA MG5420; PIXMA MG5422. I hope this information is helpful to you. Please let us know if we can be of any further assistance with Canon products. Thank you for choosing Canon. Sincerely, Ramona”

So it appears that the Cannon PIXMA MG5440 that I was considering may be a good choice. I am a bit confused by their statement that it works with their Easy-PhotoPrint EX software included with the printer. I would hope it also works with your software. Do you have any comments on whether a better choice of printers of those listed above would be your recommendation? Will they all work with your new Version 6 of your software? Thanks.
33LHmusic67

Postby Admin » Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:29 pm

Hi,

AudioLabel Version 5.0 can print directly on the disc with any of the of the printers you listed. The Canon Pixma iP7220, MG5420, and MG5422 templates are being added to AudioLabel Version 5.0 Build 7 (which will be released in a few days). The other printer templates are already included in AudioLabel. There are also Generic Canon templates in the "Change Label Template" dialog that work across all Canon models (past, present, and future). Regardless of the Canon you choose, AudioLabel will work with any of them as long as the Direct Disc Printing feature is enabled.

I don't have recommendations on specific Canon models, but I usually go by the reviews on Amazon.com or Cnet.com.
Admin

Re: Direct Disc Printing with Canon Printers | Software

Postby RebaT517 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:42 pm

I'm having a horrible time printing CDs on the Canon iP 7200 series printer with the J tray. We have a band and produce our own CDs and tried to print our own logo labels with great difficulty. They're not aligned and the program that comes with the printer is extremely user UNFRIENDLY. I can't individualize my labels due to the lack of flexibility on adding my own photo to cover the entire CD. There doesn't seem to be a way to alter the pre-formatted choices. I'm sick of the hassle and VERY sorry I purchased this printer!!
RebaT517

© 2024 CdCoverSoft