Forum Index

Creating a PDF file for print shop

Post your technical support questions here.

Creating a PDF file for print shop

Postby michelel » Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:37 pm

I only have an inkjet printer and want to print CD labels with a laser printer so I don't have to worry about bleeding or fading. I need to export the files to a jump drive and take that to a printing place, but I don't seem to be able to do that and use the CD label paper I have: (Memorex 8.5 X 11 with 2 labels per sheet). I also can't figure out how to put the labels on that paper exactly correct since it was not an option in your list. I couldn't find anything close either. I will need to find a way to measure the dimensions, but don't have a ruler for this sort of measuring. Suggestions?
michelel

Re: Creatie PDF file for print shop

Postby Admin » Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:43 am

UPDATE* 04/10/2013 - AudioLabel 5.00 (Build 6) now has the option for creating Full-Page images of your labels using the "Save As Image" option. The "Save as Image" option is much easier than creating a PDF (as described below).

Hi,
I think the best option would be to create a high quality PDF and bring it to the print shop. A PDF retains the placement of each disc on an "8.5x11" page. To do this, you can install a free PDF print driver called "doPDF" from a company called "Softland". Here is a link to their download page:

http://www.dopdf.com

After you install "doPDF", open AudioLabel and create your label design as normal, making sure the correct template is selected in the Change Label Template dialog (Memorex in your case). When you go to the Print dialog, select "doPDF" as the Printer in the drop-down box. After clicking the "Print" button, a "doPDF" dialog pops up where you can select the PDF file location and image quality. Please make sure you check "High quality images" for the best output. From there you can bring the PDF file to the print shop.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Admin

Re: Create PDF file for print shop

Postby michelel » Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:19 pm

The Memorex option doesn't work as expected because there is a large hole in the middle, but the labels I have also contain a small "doughnut" that goes in that hole so the only part of the label that doesn't have printing on it is the very small center which is where the disk fits onto the CD player spindle. So how can I print that "doughnut" using the option you suggested? It appears as if the layout is positioned correctly, but I want to fill in as much of the space on the label as possible.
michelel

Postby michelel » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:02 pm

ahhhh, I figured out that I can edit the size of the center hole... cool and the PDF works as well. I'm liking this program, thanks.
michelel

Postby Admin » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:50 pm

Hi,

Yes, you can edit the size of the center hole (inner diameter) and set it to zero. Another useful option is to set the "Background Overlap" in the "Print" dialog to the maximum value. This will print extra background around the outer diameter and prevent any white space from showing (in case the print alignment is off a little).

Please let me know if you need further assistance.
Admin

Postby Admin » Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:23 pm

Hi,

AudioLabel 5.00 (Build 6) now has the option for creating Full-Page images of your labels using the "Save As Image" option (which is easier than creating a PDF). You can save the label image on your jump drive and bring it to the print shop. Since it's just an ordinary image file, the print shop will NOT need the AudioLabel software to print out a Full-Page label.

AudioLabel 5.00 (Build 6) is a free update for all those who own AudioLabel version 5.00, or have purchased AudioLabel within the last year.
Admin

Re: Creating a PDF file for print shop

Postby charlete26 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:39 am

Hello all,

With the local report open in the application you used to make your work, select "File>Print." Select "PDF" from the rundown of printers you can print to. In the event that you don't discover "PDF" in the rundown, there might be a "Print to PDF" or "PDF" catch in the exchange box. Select this alternative in the event that it is accessible.

Thanks...
charlete26

© 2024 CdCoverSoft