Forum Index

Tracklist from Directory

Looking for a function or feature that the current version of AudioLabel doesn't offer? Let us know...

Tracklist from Directory

Postby mucky » Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:06 am

Hello
I found this nice software to create my cover. But I only have one problem..

It's not possible to create a tracklist from a directory? ...to use the names from the songs?

Thanks for helping :-)

Mucky
mucky

Re: tracklist from directory

Postby Admin » Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:24 am

Hi Mucky,

AudioLabel is designed to read track list information after the CD has been made. Once the CD is created, you can use the "Read CD" option to automatically get the album information (Artist, Title, Track List). Reading the album information from the CD is preferred because there are more ways to find the information (Freedb, CD-TEXT, CDPlayer.ini). Reading the album information from the CD also allows you to get accurate track time information.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Admin

Re: Tracklist from Directory

Postby ianr » Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:40 am

I have read both the initial query by Mucky and the response - which I believe to be exact. However, my query is similar to Mucky's but probably an updated version so I will see how it goes.

I have been using Audiolabel for a year or so and find it quite useful. I am using it for CD labelling. The problem I have is that when I have prepared a CD and it is ready for the labelling and the 'Read CD' is selected (and the functionality goes in search of the various databases as required to find the data) there appears to be no capability of searching within the computer itself for the relevant album/track information. I am not referring to the .ini files but .mp3 etc files that have been downloaded into the computer and saved to a folder. For example I may have all the Beatles albums stored in a particular folder on the computer and wish to access this data when printing a label for a CD. Currently the search functionality appears only to access the internet and not permit searches within the PC itself. I am certain, and I think you will agree, that data for Beatles albums is readily available on the internet, but for some other, possibly obscure works, this data is not available or easily found there - even though it is stored on my PC.

Maybe I am reading the processes incorrectly but is there some way of adding the option for searching on the PC?

Thanking you. IanR
ianr

© 2024 CdCoverSoft