Forum Index

Canon Disc Printer Tray - Which side is the top?

Post your technical support questions here.

Canon Disc Printer Tray - Which side is the top?

Postby ruffhouse » Wed May 01, 2013 5:09 pm

I would think that the "top" of my tray is the end that I insert first into the printer, but the AudioLabel template for my new Canon MG6220 has about 3.5 inches from the top edge to the edge of the CD, whereas the distance on my tray (tray "G") appears to be about 1.5 inches.

What I would consider the "bottom" end of the tray does indeed have about 3.5 inches from the edge of the tray to the edge of the disc.

Further, Canon's trays are numbered E, F, G and cross many different models... my new tray is # G... any particular reason AudioLabel doesn't use these same identifiers, either in place of or in addition to the printer model number?
ruffhouse

Re: Canon CD Tray - which does AL consider the "top"?

Postby Admin » Wed May 01, 2013 6:18 pm

Hi There,

The dimensions of the actual CD printer tray do not correspond to the dimensions of the AudioLabel templates. The AudioLabel template dimensions correspond directly to the internal workings (print heads) of the printer. We would suggest inserting the tray according to the printer manual.

AudioLabel version 6.00 includes templates in the "Change Label Template" dialog based on the letter stamped on the Canon disc printer tray (like the "Canon - All Models Tray J" template).

In the meantime, if you are using a Canon MG6220 to print directly on your CD, please select the Canon Pixma MG6220 template from the 'Change Label Template' dialog.

Are you having problems with this template?
Admin

© 2024 CdCoverSoft