Forum Index

Fitting a Picture to the Disc Edge

Post your technical support questions here.

Fitting a Picture to the Disc Edge

Postby Langochat » Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:04 pm

Hello,I'm mainly printing photos directly to cd with epson artisan 810, with the version 4.40 i just had to double click on the photo to fit it exactly on my full face printable cd but with the version 5.0 i have to manipulate the photo to fit it exactly to the cd and it never fits exactly because of the grid. What am i doing wrong?
Langochat

Re: fit picture to cd

Postby Admin » Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:17 pm

UPDATE* 04/06/2013 - The "Set as Background" option has been updated in AudioLabel 5.00 (Build 6) and now works similar to AudioLabel version 4.40 (see posts below).

Hi,

With AudioLabel 5.00, a background image is stretched an extra 0.15" past the edge of the disc when using the "Set as Background" button (or when double clicking a background on the Image toolbar). The extra 0.15" stretch is added to account for any variation when printing. If a background image is set exactly to the disc edge you might see some white space after printing. If you turn off the "Snap to Grid" option, you should be able to align the background image exactly to the edge of the disc.

In AudioLabel version 4.40 the background image was stretched based on the "Background Overlap" setting in the "Print" dialog. AudioLabel version 5.00 automatically adds 0.15". I will talk to our developers and see if they can change the program back to the way it was in 4.40.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Admin

Re: Fitting a Picture to the Disc Edge

Postby DJW000 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:54 pm

I agree with this post. Personally... I liked the older format so much better! I would prefer the image to automatically "fit to correct size" ans overlap ONLY when the overlap feature is set. My business mainly consists of transferring LP's to CD and in most cases, the LP cover artwork need to to be fitted right to the edge (so no part of the image is lost). It is now one extra step to have to manually re-size the image by hand. PLEASE change it back!
DJW000

Postby Admin » Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:37 am

Hi,

The "Set as Background" option has been updated in AudioLabel 5.00 (Build 6) and now works similar to AudioLabel version 4.40 (with a few changes). With the new version, if you double-click an image on the toolbar, or press the "Set as Background" button, the background position is set based on the "Background Overlap" option in the Print Dialog, or Save as Image Dialog. Furthermore, if the "Set as Background" button is pressed more than once, the background position will advance to the next "Background Overlap" position. Once the background position is set, double-clicking an image on the toolbar will use the existing background position. I know it sounds complicated, but it's quite easy to use in real life.

Thanks for all the input, and please let us know if you have any other thoughts on this.
Admin

Postby DJW000 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:55 pm

Hi Nicole, Outstanding! Even better than before! I like the fact that I can add the image to exact size by double clicking on it and just by clicking the "Add Image" button I can cycle through the various overlap sizes to see if it works for my application. You guys think outside the box :D
DJW000

Postby Admin » Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:03 pm

Awesome! Glad to hear it.
Admin

© 2024 CdCoverSoft