Forum Index

Can't center my covers so I can print on both sides

Post your technical support questions here.

Can't center my covers so I can print on both sides

Postby jbt9955 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:09 pm

Hi.

I'm using an HP Officejet 8620 Pro printer.

I bought your software a while back.

For the most part, I like it, but there is one problem I'm hoping you can fix.

I use your software to print my own CD covers. The problem occurs when I try to print on both sides of the same page. You have placed the grid for the picture slightly off-center. Because the grid is not exactly centered on the page, the front page cuts off about 1/8th of an inch of the picture on the other side on one side. Can you speak to your designers and get them to move the grid about 1/16th of an inch in the other direction (or whatever it takes to center the grid), so when printing on both sides of a page, nothing is cut off?

You can easily see what the problem is by printing out the page of the grid, turning it over and printing on the other side. Hold the page up to the light, and you will see the grids on the front and back overlap leach other. If the grid was centered exactly, there would be no overlap when printing on both sides of the page. If it were fixed and you held up the page to the light, you would see a single grid with no overlap.

If this problem were fixed, your software would be perfect. As it is presently configured, it doesn't work for me.

Please fix!

Thanks.

Brad Taylor
jbt9955

© 2024 CdCoverSoft