Forum Index

HP Photosmart Premium C309a

Post your technical support questions here.

HP Photosmart Premium C309a

Postby Mark Edenburn » Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:06 pm

I have an HP Photosmart Premium C309a printer and keep trying to print on a Sony DVD with white face for image. I loaded the DVD onto slide in tray, dropped the CD/DVD tray down and inserted into the printer the slide in tray. I had prepared the image in Audio Label program. Then I pressed print and adjusted settings to reflect my HP model and CD/DVD tray as paper tray option. When all looked correct I hit print preview. Image displayed was correct, however it displayed on the lower half of what appears to be a possible 8 1/2" by 11" paper printout. When I hit print again, the printer locked up, asking me to raise the CD/DVD tray supports the CD/DVD slide in tray with the DVD that is used to prepare for the DVD printing. When I removed the slide in tray and lower the CD/DVD tray, the image then printed on paper.

The HP Solutions Center software worked adequately for my CD/DVD printing needs in Windows 7, but then the software stopped supporting that feature under Windows 10. I called HP and, as helpful as ever, they said the Solutions Center software will no longer be supported or updated for Windows 10 on my printer. (Thank you HP!)

Any solutions would be appreciated. I just downloaded Audio Label based upon comments on website that program works with HP printers. Is my printer the exception, or is there a solution?

Thanks,

Mark Edenburn
Mark Edenburn

Re: HP Photosmart Premium C309a

Postby Admin » Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:17 am

Hi Mark,

The problem of printing to paper instead of the disc usually has to do with your print driver settings.

1. First, make sure you have selected the "HP Photosmart C309a Printer" template in the "Change Label Template" as shown below:

HP-Photosmart-C309a-Disc-Template.jpg
HP-Photosmart-C309a-Disc-Template.jpg (Viewed 17695 times)

2. Next, go to the "Print" dialog in AudioLabel, click the "Printer Properties" button, and then the "Print Driver Properties" button under the Direct Disc Printing section.

3. Select the printer driver setting as shown below:

HP-Photosmart-C309a-Driver-Settings.jpg
HP-Photosmart-C309a-Driver-Settings.jpg (Viewed 17695 times)

4. Once these settings are applied, AudioLabel should print directly to the disc.

Please let us know how it goes.
Admin

Re: HP Photosmart Premium C309a

Postby Mark Edenburn » Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:58 pm

Nicole,

Works great! What a find!

How long do I get to test drive the free download? What comes with the full version that does not come with the free download, if anything?

Thanks,

Mark Edenburn
Mark Edenburn

© 2024 CdCoverSoft