Forum Index

External LightScribe drive not recognized

Post your technical support questions here.

External LightScribe drive not recognized

Postby conrail » Sat Jun 04, 2016 5:45 am

running windows 10 home on hp pavilion laptop,having recently downloaded audio label, it is just what I am looking for, one query, I have an external lightscribe drive that I can see in my computer but when I select lightscribe I am asked to 'attached a lightscibe CD?DVD drive to my computer, if I have an external drive, make sure it's connected and turned on' as mentioned, I can see the drive in my computer, all help and advice appreciated
conrail

Re: external drive

Postby conrail » Sat Jun 04, 2016 8:37 am

I was trying this program out before purchase, external lightscribe drive still not recognised so purchased, downloaded full version to see if that would work, external drive still not recognised although showing in my computer, please help :(
conrail

Re: external drive

Postby Admin » Sun Jun 05, 2016 8:27 am

Hi,

Please make sure you have installed the latest "LightScribe System Software" for your computer. Here is a link to download the latest "LightScribe System Software":

http://www.audiolabel.com/lightscribe-system-software.html

Your external LightScribe drive should have come with manufacturer software that allows you to make LightScribe discs (outside of AudioLabel). I think this software was called "LightScribe Template Labeler" made by Hewlett Packard. If you can make a LightScribe disc using the manufacturer's software, then you should be able to make one with AudioLabel.

1. Does the LightScribe manufacturer's software recognize your external drive?

2. Can you make a LightScribe disc (with your external drive) using the manufacturer's software?
Admin

Re: External LightScribe drive not recognized

Postby conrail » Sun Jun 05, 2016 10:33 am

thank You Nicole, I had lightscribe installed but must have been an old version, installed your link and everything works fine,
My lightscibe DVD/CD drive is from my old pc adapted to make an external drive.

once again, many thanks, I appreciate your help and advice,

Harry
conrail

© 2024 CdCoverSoft