Forum Index

Trial Version Download won't print

Post your technical support questions here.

Trial Version Download won't print

Postby SJB » Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:48 pm

Thanks for offering the trial version to experiment with before purchasing. However, your add indicates the trial version is fully functioning with free printing for 15 days. So, I downloaded the trial and created a direct to CD label. Found the product very easy to use, but when I tried to print a sample 15 minutes after downloading and installing the trial to make sure it would work with my HP C5550 a pop-up window indicated the time of my trial had expired and I needed to buy the full version.

So, what's the deal? I will probably purchase the full version but want to make sure it works first. So, is the printing free for 15 days or not? If so, how do I make it print?

Thanks,

SJB
SJB

Re: Trial Version Download won't print

Postby Admin » Tue Jan 05, 2016 4:49 pm

Hi SJB,

I'm very sorry for any inconvenience. We definitely want our customers to try and test our software before buying. This makes for very happy customers and is good for business. Since we offer the 15 day trial, we have very few complaints and very few returns. It also makes our tech support much easier because we're dealing with customers who actually like the product (think about it). We would never offer a fake trial (that would really piss people off).

So just to clarify, the 15 day trial is very important to us, our business model, and our potential customers.

With that being said, the trial version must have expired early for some reason. When the AudioLabel trial version is installed, the install date/time are saved on your computer. Every time AudioLabel is started, this date/time is checked to see if 15 days have past. There is also a check to see if the computer clock has been moved backward from the last known time. So, it's possible to expire the trial version early if the computer clock is changed after AudioLabel has been installed (not to say this is what happened in your case - just explaining).

It's also possible that AudioLabel was installed on your computer previously. Even if an older version of AudioLabel was installed on your computer years and years ago, the trial would be expired today. The AudioLabel trial time does not reset when a new version of AudioLabel comes out.

Currently, the only way to get another 15 day trial is to install AudioLabel on a different computer. Hopefully you have another computer or laptop you can install the trial version on and test (and get the full 15 days).

Please let me know if you need further assistance.
Admin

Postby SJB » Wed Jan 06, 2016 7:59 pm

Thanks for your reply. I don't know what happened but I had never heard of your software till the night I downloaded the trial version and I haven't done anything to my computer's clock or settings. However, I trusted your reply about how satisfied your customers were and so I went ahead and purchased the full version. After a bit of tweaking on the print and settings to get them in right the program worked perfect and I was able to print direct to my blank CD's.

I was surprised I was able to use the design I made and saved in the trial version. Opened right up after I downloaded the full version.

Everything worked great!

Thanks!

SJB
SJB

Postby farmerdude » Mon Jun 06, 2016 6:21 pm

I have recently downloaded the trial version (15 days) and have already experienced one problem, the trial version is not printing. It makes sense that it would stop working after the 15 day trial period was up, but I have not had it installed 24 hours yet. I printed 5 labels with the software and printing has been disabled.

Can someone please flip the Print switch back on. I like the software so far,
but it is hard to explore with the print feature disabled.

Thank You
RDF
farmerdude

Postby Admin » Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:26 am

Hi RDF,

When you say the "trial version is not printing", do you mean nothing happens when you try to print, or does a dialog pop up that says "The free trial period has expired"?

There could be many reasons the print job is not printing, but if you see a trial expired screen then there is no "switch" to turn back on the printing in the trial version. The trial version is based on the computer clock and cannot be reset. It's still possible to get another free trial if you install AudioLabel on different computer.
Admin

© 2024 CdCoverSoft