Forum Index

Printing on a Disc with the Canon MG5420

Post your technical support questions here.

Printing on a Disc with the Canon MG5420

Postby chinnboy » Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:35 pm

I've printed CDs/DVDs many years using Epson gear and software. I thought they all were clunky but was overall happy. But Epson's are notoriously prone to serious problems from non-use as their internal nozzles can clog. I am guilty of non-use for many months and have unusbale R200 and R380 in my basement. I was/am thinking of getting a Canon MG5420 as they supposedly print CDs/DVDs.

I say "was" and "supposedly" because I bought one a few weeks back. It did indded have a CD tray. I carefully set it up precisely according to the hyper-spartan manual. The stage pertaining to CD media directed me to pull down a cover underwhich the CD tray was meant to be inserted, but the manual had a stern warning not to insert until a message directing me to do so appeared. No such message ever appeared. Nothing made it budge. That was the sum total of guidance with resppect to printing CDs, although I didn't scour their various apps and utilities.. At that junction I slated it for return.

I state the above to illustrate that I'm not a newbie to CD printing and why I'm reluctant to try the 5420 again. But I see its going to be on sale at a good price at Staples on Black Friday. And I stunbled across your software.

Reading and looking at your templates, it looks likely it does anything I would want to do. And it looks as though it can do so with the printer and drivers installed from within your application without fussing with Canon's Image Garden or whatever. That's what is most important to me.

Is that so? If so, I will buy the MG5420 again and your software and if that works will be a very happy 60+ year old curmudgeon. Who would love to use his stockpile of Verbatim printable media using XP SP3.
My question is: s that so?
chinnboy

Re: Audiolabel with a Canon MG5420

Postby Admin » Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:15 pm

Hi There,

If you purchase the Canon MG5420 printer you would need to install the Canon MG5420 print driver. AudioLabel automatically reads the available print driver that is on your computer. However, you would not need to fuss with Canon's My Image Garden software. The MG5420 printer allows for direct disc printing and AudioLabel has a template specific for the MG5420, so you should be all set.

Hope that helps.
Let us know if have any other questions.
Admin

Postby chinnboy » Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:27 am

Thank you very much for your quick and concise reply! That gives me confidence in your product and I will be among your customer list soon.

In case others are interested, this printer is on sale on Black Friday for $50 at both Staples and Officemax.

Steve
chinnboy

Postby Admin » Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:39 pm

Wow Steve, that is cheap! I may just have to get a new printer :)
Admin

© 2024 CdCoverSoft