Forum Index

Switching between 1-Disc and 2-Disc Templates

Post your technical support questions here.

Switching between 1-Disc and 2-Disc Templates

Postby DJW000 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:19 pm

Hello, I was just playing with 5.0 (beta 2) and was curious about the operation of the "1-Disc 2-Disc" option button on the "Properties Toolbar" (or "Disc Position" button when using paper). Example; Say I initially select a 1-Disc template and then use the disc option button on the "Properties Toolbar" to change to a 2-Disc project, there seems to be no change to the Front or Back Insert Label (meaning that the additional tracks from disc 2 are not added to the track listing on the front or back cover as they would when using a dedicated 2-Disc template). I would think that this would be handy, but maybe I am missing something. maybe you could help some light on the topic.

I am a great fan of Audiolabel. Overall... without question, the BEST media labeling software out there! Hopefully all these comments we leave on the post boards result in the continuing development of an already oustanding product.
DJW000

Re: 1-Disc 2-Disc

Postby Admin » Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:56 pm

Hi,

We're glad to hear you like the program, and yes all comments posted on this board greatly improve development.

The main reason for having a separate 2 disc default template is to allow for 2 different track lists on the Front and Back Cover. If you start with a 2 disc template and then switch to a 1 disc template, the track lists for disc 2 are simply removed from the Front and Back cover (which can leave blank spaces on your cover design). If you start with a 1 disc template and then switch to 2 disc template, no tracks lists are added for disc 2. This is because adding extra track lists would require rearranging the layout of your design (which has infinite possibilities).

Hope that helps...
Admin

Re: Switching between 1-Disc and 2-Disc Templates

Postby oldsarge » Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:39 am

Hi,
Is there a tutorial on how to use the "2-Disc" Templates?
oldsarge

Postby Admin » Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:54 am

Hi,

There is currently no tutorial, but here is a little more information on the differences between 1 and 2 disc projects:

Each AudioLabel project is designed to make labels for ONE case (CD case, DVD case, or Blu-ray case), and also the disc labels contained within that case. Different CDs, DVDs, or Blu-rays should have their own separate project. Some albums and movies have more than one disc inside them (like a 2 disc CD, or a bonus feature DVD). For this reason, AudioLabel has the option of creating a 1 or 2 Disc Project.

1 Disc Project: These projects have 1 front cover label (or insert), 1 back cover label (or case), and 1 disc label.

2 Disc Project: These projects have 1 front cover label (or insert), 1 back cover label (or case), and 2 disc labels.

You can start your project with either 1 or 2 discs using the “New” project dialog, and you can also change the number of discs in your project using the “Disc Position” option of the “Properties” toolbar.

There are some small differences in the way AudioLabel works with a 2 Disc Project. For example, if you add a Track List to your label design, AudioLabel displays a dialog that asks which disc the Track List belongs to (Disc 1 or Disc 2). Likewise, if you use the “Read CD” option to automatically read album information, AudioLabel asks which disc is being read (Disc 1 or Disc 2) so it knows where to place the text on the label.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Admin

Postby oldsarge » Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:49 pm

Thanks,
Your clarification cleared my confusion.
Sorry for the delay in replying; I was experimenting with the topic template. As usual "Operator Head-Space" was a factor.
Great software. Now I'm simply creating labels for fun.
oldsarge

© 2024 CdCoverSoft