Forum Index

Printing with ONLY black ink using a Canon Printer

Post your technical support questions here.

Printing with ONLY black ink using a Canon Printer

Postby timtak » Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:32 am

The Canon Driver of Canon inkjet printa (a Pixma) that my father has, only allows black (grey-scale)
printing to paper. If one selects "Print to disk" then this black and white option is not available.

Does AudioLabel allow the specification of printing in solely black ink with a Canon inkjet printer?

I am sorry I do not know the precise model number but it looks identical to the PIXMA iP3680 or iP3600

Tim
timtak

Re: Printing with ONLY black ink using a Canon Printer

Postby Admin » Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:15 pm

Hi Tim,

It would be very helpful to know the correct Canon model. We usually download the exact Canon print driver here for testing purposes.

You can tell the Canon printer model by opening AudioLabel, and then clicking the "Print" button. The dropdown list of printers should say something like "Canon 3600 series Printer". What does it say in the printer dropdown list?

Also, are you trying to print on paper labels, or print directly on the disc (ink-jet printable discs)?
Admin

Postby timtak » Thu Dec 03, 2015 6:04 pm

Dear Nicole

Thank you very much for your response.

By all means, I will have the model number with you shortly.

But upon reflection, since AudioLabel and all third party CD/DVD labelling software is compatible
with a variety of printers, it must be using the printer drivers of each printer. The Canon
printer driver does not allow the use of only black pigment ink when printing to disk.

I am not asking about the printer driver, since I already know that Canon printer drivers only
allow the use of only black ink when printing to paper and not when printing to disk.

Since your software uses the Canon printer driver I don't think that Audiolabel is going to help.

I need a hacked printer driver.

Tim
timtak

Postby Admin » Thu Dec 03, 2015 6:17 pm

Hi Tim,

What about creating a label design in black and white? That way you could print to disc using the default Canon print driver settings.

You can use the image "Saturation" filter in AudioLabel to turn any image into gray-scale. Other than that, you simply need to change the text color to either black/white/gray (which is easy to do in AudioLabel).
Admin

Postby timtak » Thu Dec 03, 2015 6:28 pm

Dear Nicole

Thanks again.

We are creating a label design in black and white, with zero colour and thus zero saturation,
but when printing to disk, the Canon Printer driver uses ink from the colour cartridge (all
colours mixed together to make black or at least the black ink inside the colour cartrdige)
as opposed to just the black pigment ink cartridge as used when printing in grey-scale on
paper.

I will have a model number forthwith.

Tim
timtak

Postby timtak » Sun Dec 06, 2015 12:26 am

The printer is a MG5350.
timtak

© 2024 CdCoverSoft