Forum Index

Pre Installed Lightscribe system software

Post your technical support questions here.

Pre Installed Lightscribe system software

Postby jackrabbit » Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:31 am

I purchased my windows 7 64 bit desktop in 2010, HP pavilion Elite HPE -150F, Lightscribe was pre Installed and I printed many Lightscribe discs and downloaded the free templates, now when I click on the Lightscribe link I get a 404 error message.
I finally downloaded Audio Label software but it was only a trial version, how do I get my software to work correctly as this was Pre Installed I should not have to pay for it again as I paid for it in the purchase price of my desktop.
jackrabbit

Re: Pre Installed Lightscribe system software

Postby Admin » Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:54 am

Hi,

The "LightScribe System Software" is always free and can be downloaded here:

http://www.audiolabel.com/lightscribe-system-software.html

The AudioLabel software is purchased from our website, and the software license is per user (not per computer). This means the person who sold you the computer, still has a valid AudioLabel license and can download and install the full version of AudioLabel from our website (for life).

If you have previously purchased AudioLabel, please send us your email address and we can look up your account and email your download link.
Admin

Postby jackrabbit » Sat Oct 10, 2015 4:30 am

Thank you for replying, I really wanted to post to you in a private message but do not know how to so I am hopeing you will delete the private info given, I have Lightscribe on my desktop but when I click on the links it just goes to the web and I get a 404 message, I did click on the link you sent to me and that worked. I know that HP no longer supports Lightscribe system software but it works just fine on my spouses Laptop, the version I was using at the time of purchase in 2010 was 1.18.17.1 I have a letter from Lightscribe thanking me for registering my software but I have no idea of my password at the time but I have always used the same email address. The email I received from Lightscribe was generated automatically and not monitored, all it said was to go to www. Lightscribe.com and contact Lightscribe link for any communication but the links all take me to a 404 error. I have been on HP user forum and a lot of people are having the same problem and of course our warranties are no longer any good after all this time. The email I received from Lightscribe was back in May 22 2010 not long after purchasing this desktop. It was only last year that I made a Lightscribe disc using the Templates which I downloaded from the web site.
This is a windows 7 desktop 64 bit HPE -150F,HP Pavilion Elite, IE 12, I have not installed windows 10 on this desktop and do not wish to, only used for home use. I cannot understand why I should have to purchase the Pre-Installed software , (Lightscribe) has been working all this time without any problems.
jackrabbit

Postby Admin » Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:38 pm

Hi,

Just to clarify, our company CdCoverSoft (the makers of AudioLabel Cover Maker), and Hewlett Packard (the makers of LightScribe hardware and software) are not affiliated.

Hewlett Packard (HP) produced LightScribe hardware and software from 2004 until 2013. In 2013, Hewlett Packard discontinued the production of LightScribe drives, stopped developing LightScribe software, and also took down the official LightScribe website (www.LightScribe.com). This means that any LightScribe software produced by Hewlett Packard will display 404 Page Not Found errors because the LightScribe website is gone. Regardless of the 404 errors, the software itself should work just fine.

Although Hewlett Packard discontinued LightScribe, they left behind 2 pieces of free software than anyone can download.

1. LightScribe System Software – Used to control your LightScribe drive (required for AudioLabel).

2. LightScribe Template Labeler – Used for designing LightScribe Labels.

Your computer most likely came pre-installed with LightScribe Template Labeler version 1.18.27.10 which was produced by Hewlett Packard. You can still download a free copy of LightScribe Template Labeler from various websites (just do a Google search for LightScribe Template Labeler 1.18.27.10).

Our company produces AudioLabel CD/DVD Cover Maker which is used for designing and creating LightScribe labels as well. Although you need to purchase a license for AudioLabel, the extra features and flexibility in LightScribe design make it worth it in our opinion. AudioLabel has never been pre-installed on a manufacturer’s computer, so If there was a full version AudioLabel on your computer, it would have been from the previous owner.

As a side note, AudioLabel Cover Maker and the LightScribe System Software are both compatible with Windows 10. The LightScribe Template Labeler software is only compatible with Windows 7 and below.

Hope that helps.
Admin

Postby jackrabbit » Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:01 pm

my computer was purchased brand new from Future shop at a cost of $3200.00 dollars which included the monitor and printer but still expensive, the computer was not refurbished nor was it previously owned and it was Pre- Installed on this computer as it was on my spouses Laptop which was purchased at the same time, it is still on my spouses PC but since doing a recovery on mine it is no longer on mine. Both are windows 7 64 bit.

I own 4 computers and each one was purchased brand new and I would never purchase anything refurbished or second hand.
jackrabbit

Postby Admin » Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:58 am

Hi,

You mentioned "it was Pre- Installed on this computer as it was on my spouses Laptop".

1. Do you mean the full version of AudioLabel was pre-installed, or was LightScribe Template Labeler?

If the full version of AudioLabel was pre-installed, then we have a copyright infringement by Future Shop which should be investigated. As mentioned before, we do not have any contracts with any manufacturers to pre-install the full version of AudioLabel. All of the AudioLabel licenses are purchased by individuals through our website or affiliate websites.
Admin

© 2024 CdCoverSoft