Forum Index

How to save custom label templates when upgrading

Post your technical support questions here.

How to save custom label templates when upgrading

Postby DJW000 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:53 pm

Hello,

I just downloaded and installed Version 5.0 (beta 2) for a test drive. After i completed the installation, it appears that all of the custom label templates I created are gone. Is there any way to retain this data when installing a new version of Audiolabel? It is not a huge inconvenience because I have the dimensions of my custom templates written down and I can certainly re-create them. It would just be nice if they would remain during an update. Thanks!
DJW000

Re: Label Templates

Postby Admin » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:05 pm

Hello There,

As long as you install AudioLabel over the existing version, your custom templates will be saved. The only way custom templates would be deleted is if AudioLabel is uninstalled first and then re installed.
Hope that helps.
Admin

Postby DJW000 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:59 pm

Hi Nicole,

That is what I thought. Just to clarify... I am refering to the "Paper Layout Templates" and not the "Label Templates". I may have used the wrong terminology when initially writing this post. I laid the update over my previous version as you said and the paper templates were gone. The only thing I remember doing wrong was downloading and installing the "Trial Version" by accident. I then downloaded and installed the "paid Version" afterwards. In both cases, I did not uninstall the previous version, I just laid the new one over top. Could that have erased my templates?
DJW000

Postby Admin » Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:43 pm

Hi,

We looked into this more and found the same problem. When upgrading from version 4.40 to 5.00 the previous custom label templates were not transferred. This issue has been fixed with AudioLabel version 5.00 (Build 4) which is available on our website now.

Thanks so much for your feedback and helping other people.
Admin

Postby mking » Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:11 pm

When I purchased audiolabel I had an option to select what templates to use. Now I no longer have that option. I was using Memorex and there is no option to switch to any labels. It only look like avery. I purchased labels for memorex and that is what program I was using when making labels.
mking

Postby Admin » Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:44 pm

Hi,

Happy to help.

I would suggest the following…

1. Uninstall AudioLabel (Very Important).
2. Reboot your computer.
3. Download and install your registered version of AudioLabel

Here is a link to our webpage where you can retrieve your download link:

https://www.audiolabel.com/full-version.html
Admin

© 2024 CdCoverSoft