Forum Index

Version 6

Looking for a function or feature that the current version of AudioLabel doesn't offer? Let us know...

Version 6

Postby SmartArt » Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:08 am

Hi, I have just joined the AudioLabel Forum because I am seriously thinking of buying the product to use in conjunction with my LightScribe drive. I like to fully design my own CD/DVD labels to suit my own needs rather than use pre-installed templates but all of the various label making software I am currently using or have trialled does not allow me the flexibility to move, free rotate, and otherwise alter images and text e.g. an image can only be shrunk, expanded or cropped as a rectangle in either portrait or landscape. I would like sometimes to squeeze one end of the rectangle or in other words move each side individually; I would also like to be able to crop an inserted image in a circle or freehand rather than as is fixed within the software. I note that AudioLabel version 6 should have these properties (or at least most of them) and allow me to manage the text and images freely but that release has been delayed. Do you yet know when version 6 will be available?
SmartArt

Re: Version 6

Postby Admin » Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:35 pm

Hi,

Thanks for your interest in AudioLabel. Yes, circular text and free rotation of text/images is on the top of our list.
Based on the current schedule, AudioLabel 6.0 should be available May 2014.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Admin

Postby Admin » Fri May 02, 2014 6:50 pm

Hi,

AudioLabel version 6.0 now includes Curved/Circular Text (as of April 22, 2014).

Full rotation of text and images (using the mouse) was also added. Enjoy.
Admin

Postby SmartArt » Sat May 03, 2014 12:40 pm

Hi Nicole, Thanks for the information; I have downloaded the trial version to see how I get on with it.

Regards,

Arthur Allen.
SmartArt

Postby SmartArt » Sat May 03, 2014 12:51 pm

Hi again Nicole,
I have downloaded the trial version of V6 but only a few moments after trying to use it for the first time I got a message saying that the trial period had expired and the print function would be disabled. Have you any ideas on this because I would like to try before I buy.

Regards,

Arthur Allen.
SmartArt

Postby Admin » Sun May 04, 2014 12:06 pm

Hi Arthur,

The trial period for AudioLabel 6.0 is most likely expired because the trial version of AudioLabel 5.0 was previously installed. Although the trial period is expired, it's still possible to start the program and test out the new features (curved text, rotation, transparency). Also, any labels created with the trial version can be saved and printed out with the full version.

The best way to get another free 15 day trial period, is to install AudioLabel on a different computer. We also offer a 30 day money back guarantee, so it's possible to purchase the software and return it if it does not suit your needs.

Hope that helps.
Admin

Postby SmartArt » Mon May 05, 2014 11:59 am

Hi Nicole, Thanks for the advice. I will probably buy as I only have one PC with a Lightscribe drive installed.

Regards,

Arthur.
SmartArt

Postby SmartArt » Tue May 13, 2014 8:44 am

Hello Nicole,
I purchased Version 6 download and a backup disc which I assumed would also be at Version 6. The disc arrived yesterday and I checked it out today by loading it on another computer just to make sure it worked OK. The disc loaded alright but it is Version 5 Build 7; not Version 6. I appreciate that if necessary I can update online once the software is loaded but I should not need to do that. I believed that I would be purchasing a backup disc for Version 6 not an older version. Can you please arrange for me to be sent a backup disc that is at Version 6 which is the software I have downloaded and which I believed was also the version of the backup disc I was buying. Many thanks.

Regards,

Arthur Allen.
SmartArt

Postby Admin » Tue May 13, 2014 1:42 pm

Good Morning Arthur,

Thank you for bringing this error to our attention. I have contacted our vendor that sources our CDs and made them aware of the issue. We will have the correct CD shipped to you immediately. I have sent you a private email requesting your postal information.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
Admin

© 2024 CdCoverSoft