Forum Index

Purchased AudioLabel - Still says "Trial Version"

Look here for questions, discussions, and ANSWERS on how to download and install AudioLabel.

Purchased AudioLabel - Still says "Trial Version"

Postby Rockula » Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:20 pm

Hello,
I have had AudioLabel and been happily using it since I was on Windows 7.

I recently upgraded to 8.1.

I then purchased, downloaded and installed the latest version of AudioLabel today as I was getting a message informing me the version I had was a Free Trial version and I needed to upgrade and register in order to use the Lightscribe function. I wasn't using a Free Trial Version by the way, I had purchased it but couldn't trace what e.mail address I'd purchased it from or my previous Registration Code.

After downloading the supposed upgrade, which appears identical to that which I already had, I tried to print on a Lightscribe CD using the Lightscribe function.

Despite having paid $29.95 for the upgrade and downloading said upgrade when I try to use Lightscribe I get the VERY SAME pop up advising me that I am still using the Free Trial version and I need to buy the upgrade.

But that is what I just did? I've just paid $29.95 and have no functionality on the very aspect that I upgraded for.

Also, despite receiving an e.mail with my Registration Code there does not actually seem to be any facility for registering.

Please advise as, as it stands, I'm not very happy with paying for something that simply doesn't work.

Thank you,
Rockula.
Rockula

Re: Purchased, Upgraded...Not working.

Postby Admin » Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:07 pm

Hi Rockula,

I'm sorry for any inconvenience.

To fix the problem, please try this:

1. Uninstall AudioLabel from your computer (very important).
2. Reboot your computer.
3. Download and install a new copy of AudioLabel using the download link that was emailed to you after purchase.

The trial version seems to be stuck on your computer, so first uninstalling it should fix the problem.

Please let me know if you need further assistance.
Admin

Postby Rockula » Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:38 am

I have uninstalled, re-installed and rebooted 4 times.

I have run tests and my HP computer states that your software is incompatible, which is strange as I was running it successfully for several years previously.

It also advises seeking a solution online but doesn't say exactly where I should seek this solution. I thought coming direct to yourselves as the supplier was the most obvious thing to do.

Also, I have been informed that HP is discontinuing Lightscribe and is no longer supporting it's functions, connections or software support. The official Lightscribe site has been discontinued.

Can you offer me ANY form of solution as I only purchased the upgrade to this software as it said it was fully compatible with Windows 8.

Thank you,
Rockula.
Rockula

Postby Admin » Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:45 pm

Hi Rockula,

AudioLabel version 5.00 Build 7 is compatible with Windows 8.0 and Windows 8.1 (including LightScribe support); I think we just need to get the full version of AudioLabel installed.

To download the full version of AudioLabel, please click the download link that was emailed to you after purchase. The file that is downloaded is named audiolabel_500_full_setup.exe

Once you run the setup file, the very first install screen should have the words Full Version (as show below):

If the first install screen does not say Full Version, then it's the trial version.

After installing AudioLabel, you can check the version by clicking "Help" on the top menu and selecting "About" (as show below):

In the About dialog, the very first line of text should have the word Registered.
If the word Registered is not there, then the trial version is installed.

It's also important to have the latest LightScribe System Software installed. Although support for LightScribe is dwindling, the last version of the LightScribe System Software included support for the Windows 8 family.

You can download the latest version of the LightScribe System Software here:

http://www.audiolabel.com/lightscribe-system-software-1-18-27-10.exe

Please let me know how it goes.
Admin

Postby Rockula » Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:41 am

I have followed your above instructions TO THE LETTER.

I now cannot open AudioLabel AT ALL.

If I click on the shortcut icon the blue logo appears for about 3 seconds and than disappears.
If I go to programmes and right click 'Open' the blue logo appears for about 3 seconds and then disappears.
If I try to test the compatibility the blue logo appears for about 3 seconds and then disappears.

I have re-downloaded the FULL version no less than 6 times now.
I have downloaded the Lightscribe update as you suggested no less than 6 times.
I have re-booted no less than 6 times.

The initial problem was I could not get my genuine Lightscribe enabled burner to correctly connect with AudioLabel.
Now I cannot even open AudioLabel at all.

This is becoming enormously frustrating.
Rockula

Postby Rockula » Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:07 am

...Additionally.

I have now done a full System Recovery. I then found that AudioLabel had reverted to the 'trial' version and advised me that I could not use Lightscribe with out purchasing the new version. Obviously I'd already done that and so downloaded (for the 7th time) and AudioLabel works...except the Lightscribe part which still fails EVERY time.

I am going to purchase a brand new Lightscribe burner (despite this one only being a year old) and attempt to use the Lightscribe part of AudioLabel in conjunction with that new hardware.

If it is a fault with my current hardware this may solve the problem.

However, if I have the same problem with brand new hardware I can only assume that your latest update is not as compatible as it is supposed to be with Lightscribe software.

I'll get back to you in a week and advise if my problems persist.
Rockula

Postby Rockula » Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:56 am

PLEASE BE ADVISED.

I now have achieved success.
It appears that my old hardware could not 'connect' with your product despite being an official Lightscribe burner.

The new hardware works just fine with AudioLabel and I am satisfied that it was NOT a problem with your software.

Thank you.
Rockula

© 2024 CdCoverSoft