Forum Index

How to set an image as a background and other functions

Post your technical support questions here.

How to set an image as a background and other functions

Postby fredavery » Sat Dec 21, 2013 3:18 pm

I purchased AudioLabel 5.0 on Nov 23 2013, experimented with it a few times. Never got it to do what I thought it should do. Today I downloaded a new copy and installed it. Still can't figure out how to expand an image from a file to fill the cover. Can't get it to read a CD and get results, this is for 'store bought' and CDs burned from downloaded albums. Can't figure out how to get the listing from the unsuccessful CD read onto the inside label.

In short I must be stupid but I can't get anything I expect.
fredavery
cfavery@etczone.com
fredavery

Re: New to AudioLabel

Postby Admin » Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:16 pm

Hi,

To insert an image on the cover, click the Insert button on the top toolbar, and then select Image option.

After the image has been added, click the Set As Background button to expand the image to fill the cover. Clicking the Set As Background button multiple times will stretch the image in different positions.

Alternatively, you can expand the image to fill the cover by using the 8 sizing rectangles around the edge of the selected image (as shown below). Hold down the left-mouse button over one of the sizing rectangles and move the mouse. You can move the entire image by holding down the left-mouse button over the image.

The Read CD function will ALWAYS read CDs that have CD-TEXT on them. CD-TEXT is a small file added to the CD that holds the Artist, Title, Track List, etc. When you burn you own CDs, make sure your cd-burning software adds CD-TEXT. Programs like iTunes and Nero burn CDs with CD-TEXT, but Windows Media Player does not. AudioLabel will normally read popular "store-bought" CDs; although, some less popular albums might not be found.

After "reading" a CD in AudioLabel, the text will be placed in the corresponding text box. To put a Track List on the Inside label, click the Insert button on the top toolbar, and select the Track List option. A track list can also be moved and sized using the sizing rectangles around the edge of the track list.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Admin

Re: New to AudioLabel

Postby fredavery » Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:35 pm

Thanks for your prompt response. I had figured out how to add and expand a picture for the front cover, but not the track list. Your reply remedied that, I had not found that information in the help section. I did find a commercial CD that had the track information imbedded. I believe I now have enough information to proceed.

Thank you

fredavery
fredavery

Re: How to set an image as a background and other functions

Postby Admin » Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:04 pm

Excellent!
Admin

© 2024 CdCoverSoft