Windows Compatible Compatible with:
Windows 11, Windows 10,
Windows 8.1, Windows 8,
Windows 7
Download AudioLabel Trial Version
Version: 7.0 Build 7
File Size: 10.6 MB

Direct Disc Printing with the Canon Pixma Pro 9000

Post your technical support questions here.

Direct Disc Printing with the Canon Pixma Pro 9000

Postby sparty55 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:29 am

Everything I've read shows that this printer will print directly on CDs, I bought a new CD tray (E) and have no luck. If this printer is locked out, how do I unlock it? HELP....Dale

P.S. I'm using AudioLabel 4.40 & Win XP.
sparty55

Re: Cd Printing With Canon Pixma Pro 9000

Postby Admin » Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:22 pm

Hi,

The Canon Pixma Pro 9000 is one of those interesting printers that has the Direct Disc Printing feature enabled if sold in Europe, but disabled if sold in North America. The Europe version of the Canon Pixma Pro 9000 includes the plastic disc tray (Tray Type E) for loading inkjet printable discs. The Canon Europe website lists the Pro 9000 as having a CD-R / DVD tray in the specifications, but the tray is missing from the U.S listing (see the below links).

Canon Europe Website Listing (Canon Pro 9000)
http://www.canon-europe.com/For_Home/Product_Finder/Printers/Inkjet/Pixma_Pro9000/#p-specification1

Canon U.S. Website Listing (Canon Pro 9000)
http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/support/consumer/printers_multifunction/pixma_pro_series/pixma_pro9000#Specifications

The reason the Direct Disc Printing feature was disabled in North America was due to patent issues with the Epson Corporation (one of Canon's strong competitors in the printer market). However, Canon has recently started selling a new line of printers in North America that have the Direct Disc Printing feature enabled.

Here is post relating to the new line of Canon Direct Disc Printers sold in North America:
http://www.audiolabel.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=131

Here is a very interesting article about activating the Direct Disc Printing feature in Canon Printers sold in North America:
http://www.ebay.com/gds/Guide-to-Canon-CD-Tray-or-Roller-Assembly-/10000000000013038/g.html

If your Canon Pro 9000 has the direct disc feature enabled, you simply need the correct settings in AudioLabel to print directly on the disc. First, open AudioLabel and select the "Canon Pixma Pro9000" template in the Change Label Template dialog of AudioLabel (shown below):

Next, open the "Print" dialog in AudioLabel and select the Canon Pro9000 in the Printers drop-down box. From there, click the Printer Properties button and set the properties as shown below:

Click the Print Driver Properties button and make sure your print driver properties are set like below:

AudioLabel should print directly on the disc using the above settings.

If you still have problems:
1. What exactly happens when you try to print on the disc?
2. Are there any error messages?

If everything is working correctly, please post back to the forum with any information that might help others.
Admin

Re: Direct Disc Printing with the Canon Pixma Pro 9000

Postby sparty55 » Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:32 pm

My direct disc feature isn't enabled. In print Properties under direct disc printing, "Printable disc" isn't listed in the type drop down list and "cd-r tray E" is missing from the the size drop down list.

I tried the "instructions for activating my printer. That failed to...Now where do I go????
sparty55

Postby sparty55 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:37 pm

I other thing....this is the Pro 9000 "Mark II"
sparty55

Postby Admin » Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:39 pm

Hi,

You might be using an older print driver. I downloaded the latest print driver from the Canon USA website here:

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/support/consumer/printers_multifunction/pixma_pro_series/pixma_pro9000_mark_ii#DriversAndSoftware

I installed the Canon Pixma Pro9000 Mark II print driver (version 2.70 - 10/11/13) on Windows XP and took the below screenshot.

**Please note that the Printable disc (recommended) option is at the bottom of the list (not alphabetical). The CD-R Tray E option is also at the bottom of the list. Furthermore, please make sure you have selected the Canon Pro9000 II series printer in the Print Dialog (otherwise you will see options for a different print driver).

Admin

Postby bobh665 » Wed Jan 01, 2014 2:44 pm

When you loaded V2.70 what region did you choose US or Europe and Asia?
bobh665

Postby bobh665 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:06 pm

I dont believe US V2.70 for the Canon 9000 MKII supports printing to discs. I installed the latest driver and direct disc printing is not supported. Unless you have a European version of the printer it does not work.
bobh665

Postby Admin » Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:57 pm

Hi,

When installing the Canon Pro 9000 Version 2.70 print driver, I had selected US as the region.

Do you have the exact same "Type" options as shown above in the picture of the Print Driver Properties?

Do you have an option for the Printable disc (recommended)?
Admin

Postby bobh665 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:09 pm

I have the option for printable disc in Audiolabel. In the Canon driver I do not have printable disc as an option under media nor do I have CDR tray-E as an option under page size. From what I have learned there is a sequence that one must go through to get in the service mode to enable the European firmware in US models. Are you in Canada by any chance? Pro 9000's bought in Canada work fine without any changes.
bobh665

Postby Admin » Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:48 pm

Hi,

I think we should see the same print driver options, if we install the same exact print driver on Windows XP (regardless of where the printer is from). The direct disc printing feature might work if you are able to select the correct print driver options (as shown below):

Media Type: Printable disc (recommended)
Printer paper Size: CD-R tray E
Paper Source: Disc Tray

One thing I noticed is that the Disc Tray option is not available until the Printable disc (recommended) option is selected. Also the CD-R tray E option is at the bottom of the list, and can't be seen until scrolling.

If you do not see the same print driver options, then it's possible the print driver installed differently. I had to install the print driver without the actual printer, so that might have affected things. I used the following method to install the Canon Pro 9000 Version 2.70 print driver on WIndows XP:

1. First make sure the printer is unplugged/disconnected from the computer, and AudioLabel is closed.
2. Make sure the Canon Pro 9000 Mark II print driver is deleted from your computer.
3. Download and install the version 2.70 driver from the link on this post.
4. When installing the driver, select USA, Canada, Latin America as the Place of Residence.
5. When asked to connect the printer, select Cancel (as shown below).

6. When asked to Cancel the Installation, select Yes (as shown below). Selecting Yes does not really cancel the installation.

7. After the cancel screen, there is an option to manually install. Check the Select printer port option, click the Manual Selection button, and select LPT1 as your port. When all set, click the Finish button and the print driver will install.

After the print driver is installed, start AudioLabel (without the printer connected) and look for the new options in the Canon print driver dialog.

SEE PAGE 2 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Problem Solved >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Admin

© 2024 CdCoverSoft