Forum Index

Printing Avery Labels (28669,5931) with the Lexmark X4530

Post your technical support questions here.

Printing Avery Labels (28669,5931) with the Lexmark X4530

Postby Sorek » Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:36 pm

Hello,
I'd like to start by paying you all a compliment. I am very pleased with the interface and features of AudioLabel. Unfortunately, I have not been able to print any of the custom labels I've created. I've browsed through the forum and checked some of the problems other users have had, such as making sure the correct printer is selected and uninstalling, restarting, and reinstalling the software, but I haven't succeeded in fixing my problem. Currently, I have been able to print the calibration page as well as the default cd label that loads on startup. Anytime I create a blank label and customize it I can't get it to print. Everything else I try to print (word docs, emails, etc.) seems to be working fine, so I'm at a bit of a loss for a solution. I'm running version 5 of AudioLabel on Windows 7 and printing to a shared printer on my home network. The printer I'm using is a Lexmark X4530 and I've made sure the drivers are up to date. Any ideas?
Sorek

Re: Printing Lexmark X4530

Postby Admin » Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:44 pm

Hi,

Glad to hear you like the interface. Now let's get it to print.
It sounds like AudioLabel is printing when you start your project with a default label, but does not print when you start your project with a blank design.

Could you please "Save" the AudioLabel project file that has the problem, and then email the file to support@audiolabel.com
(The AudioLabel project files have the ".aud" extension)
Once we receive the file, we can test it here and have an answer for you soon.
Admin

Postby Admin » Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:00 am

Hi,

Thanks, we received the AudioLabel file you emailed us. It looks like you designed a disc label for a CD jewel case. We tested the file here and could not find a problem.

Just a few more questions:

1. What brand/model of disc label paper are you printing on?
2. What disc template have you selected in the "Change Label Template" dialog of AudioLabel?
3. What exactly happens when you try to print the disc label from AudioLabel?
4. Are there any error messages?
Admin

Postby Sorek » Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:40 pm

admin Wrote:1. What brand/model of disc label paper are you printing on?
2. What disc template have you selected in the "Change Label Template" dialog of AudioLabel?
3. What exactly happens when you try to print the disc label from AudioLabel?
4. Are there any error messages?

1. The label paper is Avery #28669. I've used their website to design labels before and that model number is equivalent to template 5931, which is the one I tried using on audiolabel.
2. Avery 5931 (Letter) with the "Case Labels" selection left unchanged (CD Jewel Case - Plain Paper).
3. The print dialog comes up and when I select print, the progress box comes up and the bar fills up, then the box closes and nothing happens.
4. There are no error messages, everything looks identical to when I print a different document except nothing prints.
Sorek

Postby Admin » Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:08 pm

Hi,

I'm wondering if there is a problem with the custom label design file, since the default label design prints correctly.

I've attached a brand new copy of your design file to this post. The new file has your original text and graphics for the disc label, but the Front and Back cover of the jewel case are completely blank.

Could you please download and open the "test1.aud" file below, and then try to print only the disc label of the file?

If you still have problems:
1. Does the AudioLabel "Save As Image" option work for this disc label?
2. Does the "Print Preview" show the correct image for this disc label?

test1.aud
(815.31 KiB) Downloaded 1976 times

Please note this file is for AudioLabel Version 5.00 Build 7 and above.
Admin

© 2024 CdCoverSoft