Forum Index

Adjusting disc label dimensions to fit within the print area

Post your technical support questions here.

Adjusting disc label dimensions to fit within the print area

Postby sueinbristol » Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:00 am

I'm trying to print duplicate labels but a button at the bottom of the page from Microsoft Office OneNote comes up saying - untitled page and is stopping me print. What do I do?
sueinbristol

Re: can't print

Postby Admin » Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:44 pm

Hi Sue,

In order to understand what is going on, I need a little more information.

1. What model printer are you using?
2. What operating system are you using?
3. In the Print Dialog of AudioLabel, what printer have you selected in the "Printer" drop down box?
Admin

Postby sueinbristol » Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:57 am

Hi Nicole
thanks so much - I wasn't connected up to my printer - as you suggested. I can now print!

But I've been juggling the dimensions to fit my labels, (none of the Staples formats seem to fit, even though I've got Staples labels) which all seems fine except now when I print it out it's cutting off 13 millimetres above the bottom edge. i.e. I'm printing 2 labels on one sheet - duplication, the top one is more or less OK but the lower one has got a flat bottom instead of being a whole circle.

What d'you think?
Thanks
Sue
sueinbristol

Postby Admin » Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:33 am

Hi Sue,

It's possible that your printer has a smaller "Print Area". The Print Area is the space on the paper where your printer can physically print. Most printers are not able to print to the very edge of the paper and require a minimum space around the edge. Each model printer has a different Print Area. Any part of the label that is outside the Print Area may (or may not) be cut off when printed; it really depends your model printer.

1. You can see the Print Area line if you turn on the "Guides" (by clicking the Guides button) and then "Zoom Out". Is the bottom disc outside the Print Area?
2. Does the "Print Preview" in the "Print" dialog also show also the "flat bottom edge"?
3. What model printer are you using?
4. What Operating system are you using?
Admin

Postby sueinbristol » Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:21 am

Thanks Nicole. That seems to have done the trick. Sue
sueinbristol

© 2024 CdCoverSoft