Forum Index

Printing with Hewlett Packard HP PSC 1350

Post your technical support questions here.

Printing with Hewlett Packard HP PSC 1350

Postby 33LHmusic67 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:37 pm

I am new to the CD label and printing process. I downloaded your AudioLabel and worked with it a while and tried to print out what I had done. It would not print. I saw on the forum that someone suggested uninstall and installing again which I did. The latest install still would not print but continues to cycle forever with no action. What am I doing wrong. I am trying to see if this software will work for me but can not print. Thanks.
33LHmusic67

Re: Printing

Postby Admin » Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:52 pm

Hi,

I'll be glad to help, but have a few questions to clarify the problem.

1. Can you currently print from other programs? Have you tried recently?
2. Are you trying to print on paper labels, or directly on the CD/DVD?
3. What exactly happens when you print? Are there any error messages?
4. What model printer do you have?
5. What operating system are you using?
Admin

Postby 33LHmusic67 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:00 pm

1. Can you currently print from other programs? Have you tried recently? No problems with printing other programs.
2. Are you trying to print on paper labels, or directly on the CD/DVD? Printing on plain 8 1/2 x 11 paper for CD jacket and back.
3. What exactly happens when you print? Are there any error messages? No error messages. Print sequence just keeps running with no results. I have to exit to stop it.
4. What model printer do you have? Printer is PSC1350 HP which is not listed on your list, so I tried various others including clicking just on HP. Nothing works so I would guess the software does not support this printer. I wanted to see how the AudioLabel worked before I committed to another printer. In fact none of the printers I am looking at supporting CD printing are listed. They are Cannon MX922, MG5420, and MG6340. But I would like to get the software working first.
5. What operating system are you using? Windows 7
33LHmusic67

Postby Admin » Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:23 pm

Hi,

When you open the "Print" dialog in AudioLabel, you should be able to select the "PSC1350 HP" in the "Printers" drop-down box (this setting is very important). The printer that is selected in the "Change Label Template" has no effect when printing a front or back cover, and only affects Direct CD Printing.

Please double check your printer settings in the "Print" dialog by clicking the "Properties" button, and then the "Print Driver Properties" button.

1. Is your printer listed in the "Print" dialog of AudioLabel?
2. Have you installed the absolute latest print driver for your printer?
3. Are you able to print a "Printer Calibration" sheet? (by selecting "Printer Calibration" under the "File" menu)
Admin

Postby 33LHmusic67 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:42 am

Thanks for your help, Nicole. My PSC 1350 is not specifically listed, but PSC 1300 series is which was already selected. I checked everything else you suggested and found that in my devices and printers section there were two PSC 1300 series printers listed. I had the wrong one selected so I did get the printer to work fine. Thanks again.

On the subject of printing directly on the CD, in my last email I mentioned that the Cannon printers I am looking at buying are not listed for CD printing. The Cannon printers are MX922, MG5420, and MG 6320, and also Epson XP800. Are any of these printers going to be supported by your software for direct CD printing? Before I commit dollars to a printer and software, I want to know if they will be compatible and work together properly. Thanks.
33LHmusic67

Postby Admin » Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:39 pm

Excellent! Glad to hear that you are able to print.

AudioLabel does support all of the printers you are looking to purchase. We will be updating our template list shortly.
The Epson printer, Epson Expression XP800 is listed in our templates.

The templates are the same for the Canon printers: MX922, MG5420, and MG6320. From the 'Change Label Template' dialog, select 'Canon-All Models Tray J'. Again, we will be updating our template list shortly.

Hope that helps.
Admin

© 2024 CdCoverSoft