Forum Index

Printing with the Canon Pixma iP5000

Post your technical support questions here.

Printing with the Canon Pixma iP5000

Postby Crystal Dragon » Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:23 pm

Hello,

I have just purchased the latest version of AudioLabel, did not realise I could have upgraded cheaper, never mind that now, what I really need is to get the program printing, all it will print when I design a new label is a blank page. I am using the same printer that I used with my old version, the reason for the upgrade was that I got a new computer because of a meltdown, I have tried everything in your forum and nothing works. I will however print the label from the template without all the information I add to it so the printer is working but there seems to be something wrong with the program as it will not recognise any changes made to templates blank or otherwise. Also when you go to print in the preview it just shows a blank page.

I really like your program as I have been using it since 2008 and I need it to print labels and discs for my customers. I would really appreciate any help that you can give me.

I am trying to print with two printers Brother HL-4150cdn the calibration page prints and also the blank page and Cannon Pixma ip 5000 this is the printer I used before with your program both receive the print instructions and print blank pages and the calibrations page with no problems.

Thanks
Crystal Dragon
Crystal Dragon

Re: Printing

Postby Admin » Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:47 pm

Hi,

I'll be glad to help; Just a few questions:

1. What operating system are you using? (i.e. Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7 or 8?)

2. Can you print images correctly from other programs? Have you tried recently?

3. Is this problem only with one AudioLabel label design file, or can you print other design files correctly?
Admin

Postby Crystal Dragon » Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:06 pm

Hi Nicole

I am using Windows 7 and yes I can print images from other programs no problems. When I try to print my design that I have made using your background images it usually comes out blank if I start with a blank template, but if I start with the pre-loaded design flow then it prints the flow design instead of the rainbow2 design and it only prints the title on the front and back cover, it does not recognise any other text that I have added like publishing info and copyright info. To me it looks like it is only recognising the original images or non images in the case of the blank templates and not recognizing anything that is added or changed.

I have three discs waiting to be sent out to my customers and I cannot print the inserts, and I do not want to make excuses for not sending out their goods, I do not want to have to purchase another program as other I have seen are not as user friendly as yours.

Thanks
Crystal Dragon
Crystal Dragon

Postby Admin » Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:21 pm

Hi,

When you got your new computer did you install AudioLabel version 4.00 first, and then upgrade to AudioLabel version 5.00? If so, please try the uninstall, reboot, and install again version 5.00 again. The uninstaller included with version 5.00 is a little more effective.

If you still have problems, could you please email me one of the AudioLabel design files (with the .aud extension) to support@audiolabel.com? We can test it here and see if we can recreate the problem.
Admin

Postby Crystal Dragon » Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:08 am

HI Nicole,

Sorry I did not make myself clear, I have had the new computer over 2 years now and the old version was installed on it, I had no reason to use it as I was getting my discs dropshipped and did not need it, but I decided to do them myself again and when I went to use the old version it did not work at all, so I purchased a full new copy not an upgrade and I deleted the old version and installed the new version

I did as you suggested and used the uninstall that came with audiolabel, closed down my computer also cleared all cookies and history and then re-installed the program and still the same thing is happening.

I have added a copy of the designs as you requested.

Thanks
Colleen
Crystal Dragon

Postby Admin » Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:29 am

Hi Colleen,

We did not receive the problem template file (the forum can only handle small file attachments). Could you please email the file to support@audiolabel.com?
Admin

Postby Crystal Dragon » Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:51 am

Hi Nicole,

I have emailed the attachment via email as you requested

thanks so much for your help with this
Colleen
Crystal Dragon

Postby Admin » Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:56 pm

Hi Colleen,

We received your label design file and tested it here; although, we could not find any problems. We were able to successfully print the DVD Case, including the all the copyright information.

One thing I noticed is that the label design file you sent us only had the DVD Case filled out, and the Disc and DVD Insert were blank. So if you were to print the Disc or the DVD insert, you would have blank pages (including a blank print preview).

When you got to the "Print" in AudioLabel, did you have the "Print Disc" or "Print Insert" checkboxes selected under the "What to Print" section?
Admin

Postby Crystal Dragon » Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:56 pm

Hi NIcole,

I tried printing using the DVD case and it worked although it was a little short on the width but at least it printed I did not think of using the print case box as it was an insert and I would have thought that it would work. Well at least I can print now is there a way to make the print a little longer and even wider would be fine if that was possible. I tried altering the dimensions but it is still short on the length I can live with the width but it does not look professional with a large gap on the back. I have plenty of room left on the A4 paper that I am using and it prints well within the margins of the printer itself, so it is not the printer restricting the printing field.

Thanks
Colleen
Crystal Dragon

Postby Admin » Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:52 pm

Hi Colleen,

You can change the dimensions for the height and width easily using the 'Edit Dimensions' dialog. These dimensions will print exactly the same on the paper. Once you are happy with the edited dimensions, you will likely need to resize your background images to cover any white space.

Hope that helps.
Admin

© 2024 CdCoverSoft