Forum Index

Unable to Read CD-Text

Post your technical support questions here.

Unable to Read CD-Text

Postby Got Mexed » Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:43 pm

Hello.
I am a long time AudioLabel user. All of a sudden, AudioLabel is not reading the cd's that I've burned. I just started using Windows Media Player to burn my CDs on windows 7. Most of the songs can not be read online as most have been ripped from my vinyl collection. I made sure to label all of the songs in windows media player before I burned them to the disk. However, the software is not reading any of the text. A prompt response would be appreciated.

Laurie
Got Mexed

Re: CD Unable to Read Text...Please Help!

Postby Admin » Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:02 pm

Hi Laurie.
I'm happy to help.
If you are trying to read cd's that you burn yourself, make sure your cd-burning software adds CD-TEXT.
CD-TEXT is a small file added to the CD when it's burned, and holds all of the album information (artist, title, track list, etc).
Not all cd-burning software is created equal. For example, Windows Media Player does not support CD-TEXT, but both Nero and iTunes do.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Admin

Postby DEBBIE » Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:59 pm

hello
i downloaded the new audiolaber i try to read a factory cd but the i get a error message {the feedback server did not respond in time}.... it is not reading cds
DEBBIE

Postby Admin » Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:33 pm

Hi Debbie,

AudioLabel uses the Freedb internet database to search for album information (artist, title, track list), and requires an internet connection. I just checked here and Freedb is currently working.

If you get the "server did not respond in time" message, please make sure your internet connection is working properly, and that there isn't firewall software blocking AudioLabel.

The 'Advanced Setting' option in the 'Read CD' dialog allows you to change which Freedb server AudioLabel connects to. We always recommend selecting the "freedb.freedb.org" server in 'Advanced Settings' because it is usually the most reliable. If you are still having problems, you can try selecting a different Freedb server. The Freedb servers all have the same information, but the connection speed might be different depending on your part of the world.

Also, simply rebooting you computer can fix a lot of problems.

Please let me know if you need further assistance.
Admin

Re: Unable to Read CD-Text

Postby johnbutcher » Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:18 am

I continue to get the "server did not respond in time" message every time I search for cd information from freedb. please advise?

It would appear to be the default link to freedb that AudioLabel uses that is causing the problem. Freedb may have changed their server links.

Regards

John
johnbutcher

Re: Unable to Read CD-Text

Postby Admin » Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:54 am

Hi John,

I just tested freedb here using AudioLabel version 5.0 on Windows 7, and everything seems to work correctly. I set the freedb sever to "freedb.freedb.org" in 'Advanced Settings' of the 'Read CD' dialog.

Is it possible that your firewall software or anti-virus software is blocking AudioLabel?
Admin

© 2024 CdCoverSoft