Forum Index

Printing Inside of the Front Cover

Post your technical support questions here.

Printing Inside of the Front Cover

Postby gordonajackson » Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:28 pm

Hi guys,

I've just got the free AudioLabel download.
I'm trying to create a label for my band's CD (I already have the artwork).
I'm using the 'CD jewel case - plain paper' template and I've done the front and back, which seems to be labelled 'front' (because you fold it in half), but I can't get to the inside, only the back inlay.

I presume I'm missing something, as a 4-sided CD booklet without an inside - i.e. two of those sides - is pretty useless.
Any ideas, please?

Gordon
gordonajackson

Re: Inside of the front cover

Postby Admin » Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:11 pm

Hi Gordon,

AudioLabel is designed to print on one-side of the label paper, which means that a folded Front Cover will have 2 blank panels inside. Printing on all 4 panels of a folded Front Cover requires duplex printing (or printing on both sides of the label paper). You can still create a duplex folded Front Cover (with 4 panel printing), but you will need to create a separate AudioLabel project with the opposite side of the folded Front cover.

The average consumer printer does not support automatic duplex printing, so it's usually necessary to print on one side of the paper, flip the paper, re-load the printer tray, and print on the opposite side. It's very important that the paper is flipped and inserted into the printer tray correctly for the second printing pass.

Printing on one side of a folded Front Cover leaves the inside blank, but creates a "Duplex" effect when the cover is folded. We also noticed that a folded Front Cover stays in the jewel case better than a single-layer square Front Cover.

Hope that helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Admin

Re: Printing Inside of the Front Cover

Postby gordonajackson » Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:37 am

Thanks Nicole, I'll try it.
gordonajackson

© 2024 CdCoverSoft