Forum Index

Download Message: Could Harm Your Computer

Look here for questions, discussions, and ANSWERS on how to download and install AudioLabel.

Download Message: Could Harm Your Computer

Postby Nicole » Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:38 am

Hi There-
I've used your trial software and really like it. I just purchased it and when I attempted to download the software I am getting a message that says, audio label is not commonly downloaded and could harm my computer. Again, I really like your software, but am reluctant to download it if I am going to get a virus. Any help would be appreciated!!

Nicole
Nicole

Re: Download Error Message, "Could Harm Your Computer"

Postby Admin » Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:18 am

Hi Nicole.
I'm happy to help.
Most any web browser will give a warning when downloading any executable file. This is a warning and not an indication of a virus or spyware. You can test AudioLabel with ANY anti-virus software and you will see that it’s 100% clean.
Here is link to more information from Microsoft about the SmartScreen Filter:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/SmartScreen-Filter-frequently-asked-questions-IE9

Here’s a quote from Microsoft's Frequently Asked Questions:

“When you download a program from the Internet, SmartScreen Filter will check the program against a list of programs that are downloaded by a significant number of other Internet Explorer users and a list of programs that are known to be unsafe. If the program you're downloading isn't on either list, SmartScreen Filter will display a warning that the file isn't "commonly downloaded." It doesn't necessarily mean the website is fraudulent or that the program is malware, but you probably shouldn't download or install the program unless you trust the website and the publisher.”

We've been in business for over ten years and are a trustworthy company.

The SmartScreen Filter complains because the download link for our registered users is ALWAYS different.

We attach a random number at the end of our download link so it expires every 24 hours ( as in “AudioLabel_440_1509268537.exe”).

Microsoft Internet Explorer never complains about the trial version of AudioLabel because the file name is always the same (as in “AudioLabel.exe”)

I hope that helps!
Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Admin

Re: Download Error Message, "Could Harm Your Computer"

Postby Nicole » Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:08 pm

Cool..Thanks!
Nicole

© 2024 CdCoverSoft