Forum Index

Save As Startup Design - New Ideas

Looking for a function or feature that the current version of AudioLabel doesn't offer? Let us know...

Save As Startup Design - New Ideas

Postby DJW000 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:07 pm

Hi Nicole,
Some thoughts about the “Save As Startup Design” feature. It appears that if you save a template using the “Save As Startup Design” option, that AudioLabel elects to overwrite the existing program template file “CD-Template-1-Disc.aud” with the template file you wish to save as the startup. I am assuming that AudioLabel targets the file “CD-Template-1-Disc.aud” as the startup. By doing this, you lose the template that was initially there unless you copy it and archive it under another name prior to saving a new template as the startup. This is no big deal, but my thought was that it may make more sense to have a dedicated file in the AudioLabel program that is targeted as the startup file (such as “Startup Template.aud”). This way the “CD-Template-1-Disc.aud” can stay intact and the startup template file has a special place to reside. Just seems like a cleaner way of doing it, but that is just my opinion. Thanks for listening!
DJW000

Re: Save As Startup Design

Postby Admin » Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:44 pm

Hi,

Yes, it seems like the "New Project" dialog and the "Save As Startup Design" option could be expanded to have more features and functionality. The other good idea you mentioned was having the ability to add and subtract templates from the "New Project" dialog.

Thanks for the feedback, we'll take these ideas into consideration.
Admin

© 2024 CdCoverSoft