Forum Index

CD Direct Printing

Looking for a function or feature that the current version of AudioLabel doesn't offer? Let us know...

CD Direct Printing

Postby 33LHmusic67 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:31 am

** Please note: AudioLabel version 6.0 now includes Curved/Circular Text (as of April 22, 2014).

I am trying to figure out how your software will allow CD direct printing to follow the circumference of the CD. It appears that the only feature allowed is printing in a square box. Is there a way with your software to print in the round fashion? Is there a manual or instructions anywhere on the AudioLabel site that gives information on this? Thanks.
33LHmusic67

Re: CD Direct Printing

Postby Admin » Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:21 pm

Hi,

AudioLabel prints around the circumference of the CD (not square), as well as square front and back covers.

When you went to "Print" in AudioLabel, did you also have the "Print Back Cover" or "Print Front Cover" check boxes selected under "What to Print"? If so, the front and back covers (which are square) will be printed.
Admin

Postby 33LHmusic67 » Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:08 pm

I can not seem to get the print layout to follow the circumference of the CD. I do have the box for CD checked and when I put text on the CD layout it only comes out in a square box. How do I change it to edge printing when it is laid out? I don't see any boxes to check to do this.
33LHmusic67

Postby Admin » Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:36 pm

Hi,

AudioLabel will only print a square box if the "Print Back Cover" or "Print Front Cover" option is selected in the "Print" dialog.

I looked up the manual for Hewlett Packard PSC 1350 printer, and did not see a section on Direct CD Printing.

Does the HP PSC 1350 support printing directly on a CD/DVD?

Did you buy another printer that supports Direct CD Printing? If so which model?
Admin

Postby 33LHmusic67 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:08 am

I did not purchase a printer yet that does the direct CD printing but am looking at Cannon and Epson printers that do this. What I am concerned about is that the software does not let me lay out a CD on the circumference of the CD. I am only interested in the layout at this time and can save the work to print out the CD when I have purchased a printer with direct CD printing capability. My HP PSC 1350 cannot print directly on to a CD so that is why I am looking at other printers to purchase. I am leaning toward the Cannon PIXMA MG 5420 but need to be assured that Cannon has not disabled the feature of direct CD printing. However, prior to buying a direct CD printer I want to see the CD layout on your software on the circumference of the CD. How do I do this without having a printer of that capability? Thanks.
33LHmusic67

Postby 33LHmusic67 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:27 pm

I have worked on this issue most of the day and still can not figure out how to set up your software on layout of a CD to print on the circumference of the CD. How do I get text and song lists to follow the circumference of the CD? What step am I missing? Thanks.
33LHmusic67

Postby psarganis » Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:12 pm

If you're asking what I think you're asking... you can't. I found this to be the easiest program to use and I like everything about it, with the exception of not being able to curve the text. I'd also like to be able to have the text in an arc following the circumference of the CD and that's why I'm still looking for a program.

Is a new version of the program going to come out with this ability and if so when?
psarganis

Postby Admin » Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:07 pm

Hi 33LHmusic67,

We didn't make the connection that you were asking about curved or Circular Text until you mentioned, "text and song lists to follow the circumference of the CD". I'm sorry for the confusion.

Circular Text is one of our most requested features, and will be available in AudioLabel Version 6.0 which is due out in mid December of this year (2013).
Admin

Postby 33LHmusic67 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:06 am

WOW! Thanks for the info. I thought I was going goofy trying to figure this out. I will await the Version 6. This is a very important feature I think since CD layout is important. Can you put me on a notification email list when Version 6 is out? Thanks.
33LHmusic67

Postby 33LHmusic67 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:43 pm

Has the price been established for Version 6? Can I buy it before mid-Dec 2013? Thanks.

** Please note: AudioLabel version 6.0 now includes Curved/Circular Text (as of April 22, 2014).
33LHmusic67

© 2024 CdCoverSoft