Forum Index

Fading text

Post your technical support questions here.

Fading text

Postby Archive It » Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:18 pm

When I print onto discs I use a jpg photo- Green & White floral in black - Script MS Bold Font - and its fading the text vertically ie top to bottom. Tried cleaning program on printer; tried other fonts & got the latest version. The new version didn't do it straight away but is steadily getting worse. :(
I have used this software for 8 years and never had this problem before. It affects my end product presentation to my customers.

Please advise. Running it on Windows 7. But have tried it on 2 other computers in Windows 10.
Thank You
Kay Pearce
Archive It

Re: Fading text

Postby Admin » Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:36 am

Hi Kay,

The fading when printing is most likely due to your printer ink cartridge. AudioLabel sends to the label design to your printer in digital format, so what you see in the AudioLabel "Print Preview" is exactly what is sent to the printer. The printer is what responsible for reproducing the image.

So regardless if you use Windows 7 or Windows 10, the same problem with occur if you're using the same printer.

You were correct in trying to run the printer ink cartridge "cleaning" program; however, that does not always fix the problem. Sometimes ink cartridges cannot be unclogged if they have sat too long or are too old.

My suggestion would be to install a new ink cartridge for your printer (or try using a different printer if possible).
Admin

© 2024 CdCoverSoft