Forum Index

Canon PIXMA ip7250

Post your technical support questions here.

Canon PIXMA ip7250

Postby maurizioo@gmail.com » Sat Jun 04, 2016 4:08 pm

Hi,
After printing a CD with Canon PIXMA ip7250, I see the the CD disc tray is dirty in the external border, this is not good...
I'm using the default template for my printer, I just set the inner radius to 41 mm, as indicated on the CD box.
Canon says that it is necessary to use Image Garder software of the printer to avoid dirt, but I don't like that software at all.
Do you have the same problem with AudioLabel and PIXMA ip7250? Does a solution exist?

Regards,
Maurizio
maurizioo@gmail.com

Re: Canon PIXMA ip7250

Postby Admin » Sun Jun 05, 2016 9:24 am

Hi Maurizio,

When printing directly on the disc, it's important that the print alignment is correct or else the printer could print (and leave extra ink) on the plastic disc tray that holds the disc. When you talk about "dirt", I'm assuming you mean the extra ink left on the plastic tray.

AudioLabel includes a "Canon Pixma iP7250 Printer" template that should already have the perfect dimensions (without leaving dirt). If this problem ever occurs with AudioLabel, you can adjust the "Outer Diameter" dimension in the "Edit Dimensions" window of AudioLabel.

You can test this out using the trial version of AudioLabel. Just select the "Canon Pixma iP7250 Printer" template in AudioLabel.
Admin

Postby maurizioo@gmail.com » Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:08 am

Hi,
I have an original copy of AudioLabel :)
and I have the problem I described: using the PIXMA ip7250 template I found some ink on the plastic tray.
I tried to set Background Overlap = 0, in this case I see a white empty space on the border of the printable CD, but also in way I have the ink problem, so I don't know what to do...
maurizioo@gmail.com

Postby Admin » Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:43 am

Hi Maurizio,

It sounds like you are close to fixing the "dirt" problem, but the print alignment is off (since you are seeing extra whitespace on the printed disc).

From this point, I would leave the "Background Overlap" set to zero, but now adjust the "Left" and "Top" settings in the "Edit Dimensions" dialog. For example, if you see extra whitespace on the left side of the disc, you can lower the "Left" dimension to shift the print alignment to the left. There might be a little trial and error, but I think you are very close.
Admin

© 2024 CdCoverSoft