I'll be glad to help.
To remove the background image:
1. Click the background image on the label and make sure it's selected (it will have a rotating line around it).
2. Once the background image is selected you can press the "Delete" button on your keyboard to remove the image.
3. You can also right-mouse click the selected background image, and select "Delete Image".
It's also possible to have a background color. To change the background color:
1. Click on the actual cover and make sure it's selected (the cover will highlight for a second).
2. Next click a color on the "Color Toolbar" (choose white if you want a completely blank cover).
You mentioned that you were getting "Error 822" when trying to delete the background image. If you are still getting that error, could you please save your label design file (which ends in .aud), and attach the file to your next forum post. There is an "Upload Attachment" tab when you reply (select "Choose File" and then "Add the file"). We can check the file here and correct any problems.