The reason the HP C5280 wants to print to paper instead of the disc tray has to do with the print driver settings.
To print directly on the disc using the Hewlett Packard C5280:
1. Start AudioLabel, open your project file, and click the "Disc" button on the main toolbar.
2. Next click the "Change Label Template" button and select the "HP Photosmart C5200 Series Printer" template under the "Disc Labels" section.
3. Now click the "Print" button, and select the "HP C5280" as your printer in the drop-down box.
4. Next click the "Printer Properties" button and make sure the "Show settings for direct disc printing" checkbox is selected.
5. In order to print directly on the disc, the "Type", "Source" and "Size" drop-down boxes need to be set correctly. If these are not set correctly, the printer will try to print to paper.
Please let me know how it goes.