I think we should see the same print driver options, if we install the same exact print driver on Windows XP (regardless of where the printer is from). The direct disc printing feature might work if you are able to select the correct print driver options (as shown below):Media Type:
Printable disc (recommended)Printer paper Size:
CD-R tray EPaper Source:
One thing I noticed is that the Disc Tray
option is not available until the Printable disc (recommended)
option is selected. Also the CD-R tray E
option is at the bottom of the list, and can't be seen until scrolling.
If you do not see the same print driver options, then it's possible the print driver installed differently. I had to install the print driver without the actual printer, so that might have affected things. I used the following method to install the Canon Pro 9000 Version 2.70 print driver on WIndows XP:
1. First make sure the printer is unplugged/disconnected from the computer, and AudioLabel is closed.
2. Make sure the Canon Pro 9000 Mark II print driver is deleted from your computer.
3. Download and install the version 2.70 driver from the link on this post.
4. When installing the driver, select USA, Canada, Latin America
as the Place of Residence.
5. When asked to connect the printer, select Cancel
(as shown below).
6. When asked to Cancel the Installation, select Yes
(as shown below). Selecting Yes
does not really cancel the installation.
7. After the cancel screen, there is an option to manually install. Check the Select printer port
option, click the Manual Selection
button, and select LPT1
as your port. When all set, click the Finish
button and the print driver will install.
After the print driver is installed, start AudioLabel (without the printer connected) and look for the new options in the Canon print driver dialog.SEE PAGE 2 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Problem Solved >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>