Forum Index

Download & Norton

Look here for questions, discussions, and ANSWERS on how to download and install AudioLabel.

Download & Norton

Postby Irene » Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:49 pm

Good Morning,

I have a paid version although it is old (5.0) and just tried to print to a dvd and it says I have to use a later version. Sent in a request for the registration code which I already have. Email came through with all my details and the link to activate which I have done. As soon as the process starts, Norton red flags it and removes it. Am I doing something wrong?
Thank you for any help given.
Irene

Re: Download & Norton

Postby Admin » Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:20 am

Hi,

I can assure you that AudioLabel is 100% clean and free of viruses and spyware (and this can be easily tested using other anti-virus software).

With that being said, your version of Norton Anti-virus is giving a false positive. The Norton software should have a way to report this issue so they can investigate and update their virus definitions. Also, I'm not sure what "red flags" means. Is Norton reporting an actual virus, or just a warning?

Updating your Norton antivirus software might fix the problem.

Until Norton updates their virus definitions, the only way to install AudioLabel verion 5.0 would be to temporarily disable Norton while installing AudioLabel.
Admin

Postby Irene » Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:29 pm

Hi Nicole,

Thank you for your reply. My husband was the computer tech but has passed away so I am learning as I go.

I renewed Norton just a couple of months ago so that is up to date. I have tried to download on my computer and the same thing happens there too. I guess I used the wrong term when I said "red flag" sorry, but a red box comes up in right hand corner of screen with red text saying it has "removed the program" as it was downloading. I have tried this multiple times with the same result. I will contact Norton to see if they can explain why it is being removed. I cannot work out how to isolate this program in Norton. Oh how I wish I had learnt a lot more when I had the chance.

I was a bit afraid to disable Norton for the reasons that I have it in the first place but I guess a few minutes might be OK. It did let me download the trail version which allowed me to do what I needed but that is only for two weeks.

I will get back to you and let you know how things go.

Many thanks
Irene

Postby Wolakota » Sat Mar 25, 2023 8:57 am

cannot download full version of audio label
Wolakota

© 2024 CdCoverSoft